Re: Storm tactics

eric freedman

From day one, I have been against sea anchors. Being that they are launched from the bow , you are basically going backwards or standing still.

I was always concerned about the forces on the rudder vs going down wind on a drogue.

Most of them are also a pain to retrieve.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Forbes
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 12:48 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Storm tactics

Thank s Brian - good luck choosing!

Peter

Peter Forbes

0044 7836 209730

Carango  Sailing Ketch

Amel 54 #035

In La Rochelle

On 7 Aug 2019, at 17:37, Brian Riggs <7briggs@...> wrote:

Peter,

I've been doing more research on this...again. I used to own a 27' off-shore center console power cat with a ParaTech sea Anchor. That's very different from say an Amel Santorin. I'm currently leaning towards a JDS if budget and space require me to choose. Otherwise, I'd have both and be prepared for both. However, I expect my first inclination would be to reach for the JDS.

This link provides a good, although sometimes heated, discussion. I think there is a good deal of value that can be learned for this.
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f90/jordan-series-drogue-vs-paratech-sea-anchor-42662.html

Cheers!
Brian Riggs
Future Amel Owner