Re: Wintering in potentially freezing conditions, watermaker?

Dean Gillies

Thanks Mark and Tom,
I’ve found the Starbrite Pink antifreeze online at Force4 chandlery in the UK. Good to -46C.
I think it’s probably the same product that you use, since it’s sold in US gallon containers.
How many gallons would you normally use? I presume you just use the same pink antifreeze for the engine and genset too?

Mark, may I assume that draining the tube is easy once I’ve removed the control panel from the bulkhead?
Any tricks there?

Also, do you use the manual flush lever/inlet to introduce the antifreeze, or do you run it through the seawater inlet?  I guess the latter is easier.

Many thanks once again
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154