Re: Amel is going lithium

Scott SV Tengah

Paul,

I can't really predict for you, but I would guess as long as you spend most of your time around 50% and don't let it drop below 30% very often, the 15-20 year lifetime sounds very realistic.

Keep in mind that ONE over voltage or ONE under voltage condition can irreversibly damage the cell and likely the battery. That's why the BMS is there but all the charging sources need to be able to cut off charging once the BMS tells them to do so. And if any of the cell voltages drop below the safe level per the BMS, there should be an automatic disconnect of all the loads. Given the way Amels are wired, this last part has been a struggle for me.

You ideally should keep it at 40-50% while its wintered. Whatever you do, don't keep it at 100%. The Victron chargers don't have a direct way to specify target SOC, so I had to find a workaround.

--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69