Re: “Default” anchor arrangement on an Amel 54

Mark & Debbie Mueller

The primary anchor on our A54 is a 33kg Rocna.  This anchor was installed on the boat when we purchased it.  The Rocna has set first time every time for us and the prior owner had literally been around the world with this anchor.  The galvanizing is worn off the tip and it is slightly rusty and I would not trade it for anything unless it was a 40 kg Rocna.

We did change the anchor swivel to a Mantus, I believe the manner the Mantus swivel connects to the chain spreads the load more evenly and is much more secure.  The neck of the swivel that was supplied by Amel had bent at some point presumably during a sideways pull.

--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54