Re: Wintering in potentially freezing conditions, water maker?

Thomas Peacock

Just remember that the membranes are never supposed to be left dry, so leave some sort of water solution in contact with the membranes. I’m not sure that the entire output side of the tube needs to be immersed in water, but some should be left to maintain humidity.
So many things to consider.

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay, US

On Aug 11, 2019, at 4:54 AM, SY STELLA <stella@...> wrote:

Hi Miles,
I understand your flushing circuit description, that seems like a great idea especially if you have to winter in the cold every year.

As I understand it from this thread, neither the glycerin solution nor the propylene glycol will cross the membrane, so it seems to be still important to drain any desalinated water from the output side, including the flow-meter tube.

Many thanks again to all
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154