Re: When to use Running Back Stays and Onan Control Board PCB

Paul,

I believe it should be a similar rule as to "when to use a preventer when sailing downwind," so my answer is: "all of the time you use the staysail (Trinket)." Wind has a habit of almost never warning us when she is going to give us a burst.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 8:43 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Hi Bill, if possible on another note, can you please advise me on when to use the moving back stays associated to the stay sail?

Is it only in strong winds and regardless of if using the Genoa at the same time?

Kind regards Paul A55#17

On 12 Aug 2019, at 3:23 pm, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Alan,

Probably about $2k NZ for the board. I recently helped an owner source a OEM board for about $1300 US.

Be careful because there are many variations of the board. It probably changed with each new Model and I think changed once within a Model. Use Model and Serial to match to ensure the right board and/or check with an Onan dealer for the correct board part number using serial number. I can imagine that the board could cause the hard start issue that you have.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 4:21 AM Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:
Hi JP,
Yes around $2k I believe....are you staying in Fiji all season?
I've been on Elyse for a week, going home tomorrow, returning mid November.
See you then.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437