Re: Wintering in potentially freezing conditions, watermaker?

Dean Gillies

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the pics and detailed info.  I’ve ordered 10 gallons of the pink antifreeze, and a couple of heaters too!   My flowmeter is a little ‘grubby’ looking as shown in the attachment. It doesn’t affect the water quality, but I might talk to CT Platon about getting a replacement if I can’t find a way to disassemble and clean it up.

Your picture of the outlet pipework also gave me an idea to see if I can find a suitable access to drain a dehumidifier (by gravity) into the watermaker outlet pipework. I’m really just thinking about the dehumidifier as an additional wintering measure.

Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154