Re: B&G issues

Paul,

Your 54 didn't come with a Paddlewheel. Probably when it was added, parameters were not set...my guess.

Your 54 came with Sonic Speed.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019, 8:56 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Hi Bill, my issue was similar except my paddle wheel and sensor was ok accept the parameter associated to the sow was not activated in the H300 display, this then gave me SOW and correct TW and AW

Regards Paul 55#17

On 13 Aug 2019, at 3:34 pm, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

As you may know, there are only a few values displayed on the B&G Hydra (2000-5000) that are actual. They are AWS, AWA, SOW, and Depth. All of the other values, like True Wind Angle, are calculated by the Hydra, usually using all of the actual values.

If your Speed Over Water (sonic speed or paddlewheel speed) is not working...or any of the other values, the calculated values will not be accurate.

Your issue is that the Sonic Speed is NOT working and the SOW value is not present in the calculation. You need to repair Sonic Speed, which is likely caused by sensors over 10 years old, add a B&G paddlewheel thru-hull, or something else. Check with a B&G rep for all of your options.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 7:14 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Have you tried entering into Menu and then setup and then calibrate and the entering a source? I’d had the same issue I think and found a source was not assigned such as SOG or similar

Regards Paul- Fortuna II 55#17

On 13 Aug 2019, at 1:23 pm, Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica <oliver.henrichsen@...> wrote:

Hello,

I got 2 issues with my B&G H2000:
1. The magnified Wind shows wrong values. It comes from extension processor. We replaced the instrument but still the same.

2. We stored on land for 12 month and did a refit.
When we launched the boat the boat speed through water does not show anything anymore.

Any help apreciated.

Oliver from Vela Nautica
A54 #39
Portugal