Re: Amel is going lithium

Paul Brown

Hi Joerg

What is the general amps produced in various winds?

Regards Paul 55#17

On 13 Aug 2019, at 4:19 pm, Joerg Esdorn via Groups.Io <jhe1313@...> wrote:

I have a Superwind half way up the mizzen mast and it is completely silent.  I have a special connector between the mast bracket and the generator which makes the unit sit and rotate on a plastic plate, rather than metal, and is supposed to eliminate any resonance.   It's been working.  It's been in 45 knots plus apparent several times without any problem.  This is the only wind generator which feathers the blades mechanically when the wind gets up too much, like a full sized professional unit.   You can also short it out electrically in high winds, reducing the wind pressure on the mast.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
Almerimar, Spain