Re: When to use Running Back Stays and Onan Control Board PCB

Scott SV Tengah

I'm sure others have done it before, but we don't use the staysail downwind.

We either use it in lieu of the genoa in 28+ knot apparent winds upwind or just going upwind along with the genoa. The latter sometimes allows approx. 10 degree higher pointing angles, but not always. Keep in mind I have a 54 and not a 55. Just give it a go and see how the boat responds. I will tell you that you don't want the baby forestay (or any standing rigging really) flapping about.

--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69