Re: Upper C-Drive oil leak

Mark is right-on. If the leak is NOT coming from the reservoir return hose and leaking down the side of the C-Drive, my guess is it is a seal or gasket, which will mean disassembly.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 12:10 PM Mark McGovern <mfmcgovern@...> wrote:
Eamonn,

I am by no means an expert on this but I'm pretty sure that the rubber sleeve's purpose is to keep seawater out not to keep oil in so tightening those hose clamps should not stop an oil leak. Check this drawing of the C-Drive and you will see what I mean:  https://amelyachtowners.groups.io/g/main/photo/84454/12?p=Name,,c-drive,20,1,0,0

If you are sure it's oil and not seawater look for another source of the leak.

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara