Re: Wintering in potentially freezing conditions, water maker?

Matt Salatino

I wish I knew.
Help, somebody!

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Aug 15, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...> wrote:

Hi Matt
Excuse my ingorance, but can you tell me where the "knot meter sensor hole is"?
I have no Idea? Maybe I think just on the wrong end?
Regards
Ruedi
Wasabi
A54#55

On 12 Aug 2019, at 23:48, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

Someone previously posted a great idea. Drain the dehumidifier out the removed knot meter sensor hole.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Aug 12, 2019, at 9:16 AM, SY STELLA <stella@...> wrote:

Hi Miles, ok that pump might be the way to go.  I have also just ordered a couple of 160W tube heaters which I intend to run over winter. One in the engine room and one in the galley.
High tech incandescent lamps!

Also considering a dehumidifier, but need to find somewhere to drain the fluid. Back home in Sydney I use one in another boat (because of wet racing sails, not cold damp weather) and it drains down the galley sink.
However on the Amel it seems a bit crazy to put the fluid into the bilge, then have to rely on the bulge pump!

Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154