Re: When to use Running Back Stays and Onan Control Board PCB

Joerg Esdorn

Scott, the runners on my boat are in two parts.  Part one comes down from the mast and ends in a loop 1 m above the deck and is tensioned with a block and tackle to the base of the shrouds with a snap shackle for storage when the runners are not in use.  Part two ends with a snap shackle  that hooks into the loop at the end of part one and the other end runs through the spin sheet block to the spinnaker winch.  When you use the runners, you unhook the shackle of the “storage” block and tackle and hook part two into the loop at the end of part one.  I’m not on the boat for another week but can post some pictures when I do.  Meanwhile I hope this helps.

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem