Re: Wintering in potentially freezing conditions, water maker?

Matt Salatino

Thanks,
I understand the issue, but since we’re getting a 50, I didn’t know the locations of the speed paddle wheel, or the depth transducer. I was just repeating what another owner posted a few weeks earlier.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Aug 16, 2019, at 4:32 AM, Craig Briggs via Groups.Io <sangaris@...> wrote:

Matt,
They are talking about your knot meter transducer where it goes through the hull bottom. Don't know if you have a paddlewheel style, but that's the bit. Remove the paddlewheel, like you would do to clean it and stick the humidifier drain hose through the hole. Wrap it in cloth to keep bugs out. If you have a sonic speed, then your won't have a thru-hull fitting, but you can pull out your depth sounder transducer instead and use that thru-hull hole.
Craig SN68 Sangaris

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 06:51 PM, Matt Salatino wrote:
I wish I knew.
Help, somebody!

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Aug 15, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Rudolf Waldispuehl <Rudolf@...> wrote:

Hi Matt
Excuse my ingorance, but can you tell me where the "knot meter sensor hole is"?
I have no Idea? Maybe I think just on the wrong end?
Regards
Ruedi
Wasabi
A54#55

On 12 Aug 2019, at 23:48, Matt Salatino via Groups.Io <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

Someone previously posted a great idea. Drain the dehumidifier out the removed knot meter sensor hole.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Aug 12, 2019, at 9:16 AM, SY STELLA <stella@...> wrote:

Hi Miles, ok that pump might be the way to go.  I have also just ordered a couple of 160W tube heaters which I intend to run over winter. One in the engine room and one in the galley.
High tech incandescent lamps!

Also considering a dehumidifier, but need to find somewhere to drain the fluid. Back home in Sydney I use one in another boat (because of wet racing sails, not cold damp weather) and it drains down the galley sink.
However on the Amel it seems a bit crazy to put the fluid into the bilge, then have to rely on the bulge pump!

Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154