Re: Recommendations for winter on the hard in S. Italy or Greece

Mark Pitt

Hi,

We loved our year long stay at the Sifredi Marina on the charming island of Carloforte, off the southwest corner of Sardinia.  There were four Amel’s there when we left in 2017.  It does not have extensive marine facilities but it has all the basics.  Giuseppe and Carmela who run the marina are very caring and friendly.  We loved the full year that we were based there.  Plus, it was a bargain.

Mark Pitt
Sabbatical III, SM419, Rockland Maine

On Aug 18, 2019, at 12:21 PM, Massimo Vecchietti <massimovecchietti@...> wrote:

...Marina Cala del Sole  in Licata South Sicily...
Max
SM PATCHOULI

Il Sab 17 Ago 2019, 15:08 Theo s/v Paloma <sailingpaloma1@...> ha scritto:
Hi everyone,

We're really enjoying our Amel 50 in the Balearic islands. It's such a luxury to have a floating home by beautiful beaches and crystal clear seas. Our initial goal was to reach Turkey on the first Med season, but there's so much to see and we're moving too slow.

So now, for the winter we're planning to leave our boat, on the hard, in S Italy or Western/Mid Greece. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good yard to leave our Paloma?

Thank you in advance.

Theo.
s/v Paloma
Amel 50 #18