Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Amel is going lithium
From: Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
CC:

Oliver,

This is very interesting. We are presently just across the Guadiana River near Ayamonte in Spain, so if you are in the south of Portugal would it be possible to meet up so we can learn more from you?

Cheers,

Paul

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

From: CW Bill Rouse
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
CC:

Everyone,

You know how cationary I have been regarding Lithium based electrical systems onboard an Amel. I had one client who had serious issues because the source he used failed to install all needed devices and failed to correctly setup the devices installed.

BUT, as technology evolves, so should opinions.

Although I am proceeding cautiously, I am currently working with several recommended marine power supply companies that not only supply lithium-ion batteries, but also supply all  the other devices, which must be changed in an Amel, coupled with expert support. One of these is located in Europe another in the USA, and the third in the Caribbean.

My hope is to within 30 days have a basic package assorted and spect'd and to have optional add-ons like different sized Victron charger/inverters and possibly electric cooking devices. The future is exciting.

When the above sourcing and specifications project is completed, I will release the package here on the AYOG. I will also separately notify my Amel Yacht School clients via email of preferential ordering and support.

I want to especially thank Scott Nguyen, Amel 54 TENGAH Hull#69, for the research he shared with me 3 months ago.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse

720 Winnie St

Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 12:31 PM ofer magen <ofermagen@...> wrote:

Hi Joerg,

Can you please send a photo of the installation of the super wind?

Thanks,

Ofer Magen

Alba A54 160

Datcha area Turkey