Re: Forward Looking Sonar

karkauai

I had the EchoPilot 2-D on my boat when purchased 10 years ago.  I found it of little use because it only sees a little over a boat length ahead when you really need it in water less than 4M deep.  In muddy water if you are looking for a channel, it only sees directly in front of the boat.  You have to turn the boat in hopes if identifying deeper water.  I was rarely successful, and was as likely to stumble on the channel as find it with the sonar.
The transducer has since failed.  I’m waiting until the 3D units get better and cheaper before I replace it.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SN243

On Aug 20, 2019, at 11:34 AM, Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica <oliver.henrichsen@...> wrote:

Hi Scott,

To place the charger in the engineroom has some downsides:
- hunidity
- heat
- limited space so probably the charger is mounted sideways what lowers airflow.
- long wires

I customized widened the switch area and drilled ventilation holes to the alley.
I install 120mm thermocontrolled fans with heat alarms to blow fresh air into the cabinet.

The 120A5000W fits vertical.

The lifepo is smaller than batteries before with same capacity so i could install a new separation.

The starter batt is now behind the onan in the engine room.

No more dirty lead in the cabin. Hydrogen Should not be an issue as most other yachts place the starter batt around the engine room.

Oliver from Vela Nautica

A54#39

Portugal

Sent from my Huawei Mobile