Re: Always check your contractors' work

Ken and others interested,

I do not think this forum is a place to criticize any business or person for work performed on any Amel.  The reason is that it would be one-sided, and we all know that there are at least two sides to every story.

Caraibe Marine and all of its shops in Martinique are owned by Philippe LECONTE. I know him very well and if anyone wants help with any problem with any of his 8 different shops in Martinique, please ask me. My email address is brouse@.... I also know Patrice FOUGEROUSE who manages Caraibe Refrigeration for Philippe. I have found him to be very knowledgeable regarding Frigoboat and Climma. He has also been very responsive. I also know each of the managers that run Philippe's shops.

It is true that anyone can make a mistake, you and I included, and anyone can be wrong, but regarding the honesty, integrity, and professionalism of Philippe and all of the managers that work for him, I believe they exhibit the very high standards.

This year we had the first ever Amel Yacht Owners Rally in Martinique. Philippe LECONTE and Caraibe Marine Shops sponsored the rally and bought a wonderful dinner for all of the participants. BTW, la Marina du Marin, sponsored with reduced rates and other stuff, Carenantilles Yard gave away a free haulout to one Rally participant, I gave away 2 of my Amel Books, and JP and Stephanie at Caribbean Yacht Sales paid for the drinks at dinner.

I think that Martinique and all of the Martinique businesses I mentioned above have created a special place to bring your Amel. In my "circle of the world," I found no better place, especially considering the fact that Amel has a company owned service facility there. The presence of Amel in Martinique also allows for an expert advisor to all Martinique businesses that you might deal with. I know for a fact that the businesses I mentioned above have a great relationship with Amel and communicate often on specific issues that are unique to Amel...you will not find that anywhere outside of France.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550