Re: Always check your contractors' work

Ken,

Google reviews, yelp, and others allow for both sides of the review to be seen, customers and businesses. Since our suppliers and people who work for us are not members of this group, this is not the place.

Believe me, I have seen more than one situation where the complainant presented a one-sided case that was believed by many, but the complainant was wrong. I have seen the opposite also.

So, I hope you understand why our group is not the place to complain about vendors and services. I am sure that you agree if you owned a business, you would not want to have a complaint posted that you could not respond to.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 9:33 AM Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...> wrote:
Bill,

I agree, maybe this isn't the place to have open honest discussions
about things that happen when working on, or getting your Amel
repaired..  My question is, where is the right place, because I want
to be a member there?

I want to know when someone does a good job, and when someone really
screws up a boat! That's called clout....  If someone messes up my
boat, I am going to put it on YouTube, and I am going to tell everyone
I know what happened... In a way, that helps all Amel owners.

Open discussion, with honest opinion, with no "political" agenda,
that's what I think owners are looking for.  I stand behind everything
I write!  If he had a bad day with me, someone else can back him up,
and tell the rest of the Amel owners how great he is at his job.  You
know, I listened for 10 minutes while he ranted in French screaming at
me!  And, in the end he was totally wrong!  You really want to try to
tell me he knows Climma, or that he is a good manager?   Look, if we
all tip toe around the facts, where shall we go for facts?

Ken Powers
Aquarius
Soon to be in Never Never land