Re: Forward Looking Sonar

karkauai

Maybe I should have a look on someone else’s boat that finds it useful. It will take some serious convincing given my past experiences.

I’ve not been in many places where I’m anchoring in 10+ meters thus far, maybe my opinion will change when I get to the Pacific. In clear water we rely heavily on slow speed and eyeball navigation, and travel when the light is good. In muddy water it’s all about going slow and asking for local knowledge. I’ve only run aground twice when I got bad advice from local marina and fisherman, I was going at a snail’s pace and no damage was done.

To say we shouldn’t be insured without forward looking sonar is a bit over the top.

Kent
SM 243
Kristy