A54 Helm seat/cockpit table and engine hatch opening

Roque

Hi all
I replaced the base of the cockpit helm seat with a custom made SS base.  Now I can open the engine hatch without having to move the cockpit table. Much easier and much safer.  Many thanks to José Luis Esteller (SY Orion, A54), who did something like that a few years ago and shared his experience.

I uploaded a few pics under the name “A54 Helm seat/cockpit table and engine hatch opening”. I also included a photo of an A54 under construction (September, 2010) with the Amel solution to this very rare project flaw.

Best

Roque

Attika A54 # 117

Paraty – Rio de Janeiro