From: Stefano Biffi <cptbiffi@...>
To: main <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Aug 21, 2019 10:50 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Forward Looking Sonar

I have ZEUS 2 With foward looking, works nice, helpful in low water. During the docking I can estimate how deep is below and how far is the other lip of the Harbour. Never used between submerged rocks, till now.

Stefano
N’EVEREST Super Maramu 185
Italy

Il giorno 21 ago 2019, alle ore 16:02, Patrick McAneny via Groups.Io <sailw32@...> ha scritto:

When we replaced all our electronic due to lightning damage ,we went with the latest B&G equipment,including forward looking sonar. We had Interphase prior and for me it was like trying to read a ultrasound . The B&G sonar sends false images of things that do not exist ,with the bottom going up and down and what looks like walls showing and then disappearing . These false signals have instilled no confidence to the point I never turn it on and at this point I consider a big waste of money. It was professionally installed and I have spoken to the installer as well as B&G reps. at the boat show , I have gotten no answers . I got to the point that I assume this is the state of the art ,when it comes to sonar.
But after reading what a few of you have said about your sonar,which are older than mine ,I am convinced that something is wrong with my unit. Does anyone have B&G forward looking sonar ,how is it working for you, false images ?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans