Re: Main sail Outhaul motor/gearbox failed A54

Mohammad Shirloo

Is there is a routine maintenance schedule required/recommended for the outhaul/furler gear boxes? If so, I would appreciate some info on interval and procedure.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 #099

On Aug 22, 2019, at 1:21 PM, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Stephen the most difficult part of changing the Gear box is getting the old one off you MUST have a GOOD gear puller with multiple 'teeth' to get a hold of the old box it is in a difficult position.  I believe there is a detailed description and instructions on how and what you need in Bill's manual.  It took me hours to get if off without the proper tools no fun at all.  Everything else was easy.  Good luck and yes you do NOT use the spacer.
Cheers
Courtney
'Trippin'
54 #101