Re: Amel Cdrive seal kit

JLM,

Sure it is possible for a person to correctly duplicate anything, but many fail. Look how Chinese parts appear to be exactly the same, but....you know the answer. Sometimes the variance in duplication is an error, sometimes it is purposefully done to lower costs.

And, how do you make the propeller shaft wear bushing? What material and what hardness do you make it out of?

As you know that all seals are not equal, some harder, some softer, some with stainless steel springs, others not.

The reasons I suggest Amel as a source for these parts:
  1. We all want Amel to continue supplying us with parts, especially those impossible to source. Amel makes a 30% markup...fine, it is worth it. As we all know Amel routinely supplies parts for Amels that are over 20 years old and recently they supplied someone parts for a 30-year old Amel. I love this...don't you?
  2. There have been a number of European made knock-off parts like SM & 54 wear bushings, SM bow thruster nylon hubs and propellers, etc. I have seen a lot of these knock-offs, all after failure. For instance someone in Europe had a machine shop turn the bow thruster propeller hubs from Nylon...Amel uses Delrin. If you do not know the difference, research it. They look the same. There are lots more examples that I will not bore you with.
Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 6:41 AM jlm@... <jlm@...> wrote:

Bill,

For your information the kit is very very  easy to make by your self, for only some dollars ...

I buy the seals for over 10 years at 123roulements with prices and delivering time that I found very pleasant ...

Bill, "tout est possible dans un monde infini...." (all is possible in an infinite world ....)

Fair Wind

Le 21/08/2019 à 16:59, CW Bill Rouse a écrit :
Jean Luc,

The Amel 55 C-Drive Propeller Shaft Wear Bushing and Seal Kit. I am 100% positive that you can get this only at Amel.
image.png
Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 8:46 AM jlm@... <jlm@...> wrote:

Bill,

About what for C-drive seals you are speeking ?

Jean Luc

Le 21/08/2019 à 15:11, CW Bill Rouse a écrit :
Paul,

I think that  www.123roulement.com is a good company, but I am 99% sure that they will NOT have the Amel-made wear bushing. They may have seals that fit, but to ensure you are getting the best seal for the job, don't try to save a few euros.

My advice is to purchase the wear bushing and seals from Amel only. The 55 has a larger output shaft and thus larger wear bushing and seals than the SM & 54. The procedure is also different. Email sav"at"amel.fr. Ask for the complete kit and also ask for instructions. The last time someone asked for instructions, Amel sent them instructions for SM & 54. Hopefully that has changed.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 2:53 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
hello all, I’m inquiring please  for assistance to where I can purchase the Cdrive seal kit and at what estimated price? Can this only be purchased through Amel or is it a standard product from a distributor or manufacturer?

thank you for your time

regards paul - Fortuna II 55#17

Garanti sans virus. www.avast.com