Re: Pulling the mast to rerig

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Mike;

In my experience, the reason why some riggers prefer to pull the mast is it makes it easier to make their measurements to make the new standing rigging and lift the masts with all rigging run and connected.

If you order from ACMO, it all comes perfectly made to proper length with all the correct connections and fittings. We replaced the 6 shrouds at the main mast in a little over 1 day. Off course having the right rigger helps.

We flew Nicky from Malta and he managed to the work in less than ideal conditions with winds in the 15-25 knot range, at the marina.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099

On Aug 23, 2019, at 2:47 AM, Mike Ondra via Groups.Io <mdondra@...> wrote:

Hi Alan.
We are looking at rerigging in the next few months with one vendor wanting to pull the mast and another planning to do it in place. Had not considered doing it ourselves. Have you completed your rerigging and have you any advice from your experience?
Mike Ondra
Aletes SM#240
Rock Hall, Chesapeake Bay