Insurance in Europe

Matt Salatino

Hi All,
We are taking delivery of our new 50, Speed of Life, soon, and are shopping for insurance.
We will be US-flagged, but sailing, La Rochelle to Gibraltar, then throughout the Med.
We’re looking for great service, over lowest rates.
We have 3 or 4 quotes, so far.
We have been warned to avoid Pantaenius USA (different company than Pantaenius UK, who won’t insure us). Y-Yacht also won’t cover a US flagged vessel.
We do have a quote from Topsail (Global Yacht Cover) that is a bit high, but has good reviews.
Can anyone make a recommendation?
We value a company that will work hard to make us whole after a claim, vs one that works equally hard to deny a claim.
BTW, we have not had a claim in 32 years of boat ownership.
Thanks in Advance,

Cindy and Matt
Amel 50
S/V Speed of Life