Re: Insurance in Europe

Mark Erdos

Hi Cindy and Matt,

We went through this exercise a few months ago when we moved away from Pantaenius USA. We are BVI flagged and settled with Y-Yacht. I was very impressed with Y-Yacht. I was also impressed with a USA company called Novamar. They are an A-Rated company and have a very good reputation with full time cruisers in the Pacific and Caribbean. I do not know about their coverage for Europe but it's worth asking. We used a USA Broker who underwrites a lot of their policies:

Chris Boome Insurance Agency
LIC# 0A99058
751 Laurel Street #216
San Carlos, CA 94070
O: 650-517-3160 C: 650-464-0728
WWW.CHRISBOOME.COM
E-mail: chris@...

Another company who was also recommended has a bit of a branding problem as they have three names: IMIS - Jackline - Growrie. I understand the company has recently merged and may not be the same company as others who are recommending it think it is. I found them extremely rude and their demands from us prior to a quote were very unrealistic. I did not get a quote and walked away. But, other sailors swear they are great. Perhaps it was the person I was dealing with, who knows. But it might be worth it for you to follow up with them. Hopefully your experience will be better:

https://www.gowrie.com/Marine-Insurance/IMIS.aspx

Hope this helps a bit.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275
Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama
www.creampuff.us