Re: Insurance in Europe

Matt Salatino

We are all certainly entitled to our own opinions. I have great respect for Bill’s insight and experience. It was hard-earned.
On the other hand, my background gives me the desire for all available data.
I agree that there are two sides to every story, and I appreciate that, but I think, in my years on the planet, I’ve been able to glean information from both overly good, and overly bad reviews.
I believe in sharing experience and information, and let the user sort it to their best ability.
In my humble opinion, I believe censorship of data, positive, or negative, does a disservice to the community as a whole.
In my specific case, I’ve heard nothing but positive about Pantaenius UK. Sadly, I’ve read the opposite, too many times, about Pantaenius USA. (Yes, they are great at giving quotes)
Believe me, I want to believe the USA company will give excellent claim service, especially since their quote is the most competitive. I haven’t given up on them yet.
I’m at the stage in my life, though, where value supersedes price (as evidence of that, we’re buying a new Amel!). So I do want as much information, both positive and negative, to make the best, most informed decision possible.
I’m sure most of us would too. How can we make educated decisions, with carefully filtered information? Hiding information because it doesn’t meet someone’s particular standard smacks of dishonesty to me. But that’s just my own opinion. You are welcome to disagree.
Matt Salatino
Amel 50, #27
Speed of Life

On Aug 24, 2019, at 7:41 AM, Craig Briggs via Groups.Io <sangaris@...> wrote:sangaris@...

Hi Matt,
    I think your post is a good example of what Bill Rouse was talking about recently in admonishing negative reviews on this forum. To be "warned to avoid" a vendor without any specifics and without a full story is, frankly, not very meaningful. "War stories", especially about insurance claims, are notoriously one sided.  And the many replies you got lauding Pantaenius USA points that out.  But then we all listen to our mates; we just need to judge when to add that grain of salt.
    There have been many factual posts here about Pantaenius USA's hurricane zone requirements in the Caribbean and Florida being virtually impossible to meet and their breathtaking premium quotes for that region essentially taking them out of that market.
    At the same time there also have been posts about their excellent coverage and very competitive rates for US boats cruising Europe, which I experienced.
    No claims in 32 years, btw, suggests that will be your continuing experience and other replies to your post praising Pantaenius USA should alleviate any concerns about Pantaenius USA's claim service.
Good luck with your shopping.
Craig - SN68 Sangaris