Re: Insurance in Europe

Joerg Esdorn

I’ve had insurance through Pantaenius US since my boat was new.  Excellent experience and excellent pricing at a little more than .5% of insured value this year.  Coverage was all of the Med, Western Black Sea and Western Europe up to Bergen and 200 miles offshore.  When I asked them to waive the exclusion for Tunesia this year, they did within a couple of days.  They added Canaries and Madeira without increasing the premium.  Im dealing with them through a very experienced insurance broker who is a sailor.  That may be one reason for the good experience....

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem #53