Re: Shore power contactor burnt out

Matt Salatino

Wow!
I’ve had, maybe 3 connections, over the years, that I was investigating due to poor performance fridge, pump, light), where the termination was hot enough to ignite the surroundings. Fortunately, I caught them in time, cleaned, and treated.....yes, terminations require maintenance....

On Aug 26, 2019, at 3:41 AM, Craig Briggs via Groups.Io <sangaris@...> wrote:

Spot on, Matt.  We had one actually ignite into flames - only time I ever had to use a fire extinguisher - scary. Corrosion-X etc on the shore power prongs wouldn't hurt either - that's where the heat built up in ours.
Craig