Air conditioner seawater pump won’t start

Dean Gillies

Hi gang,
I just fired up my AC (not used at all this year!), because I want to make sure I can put antifreeze through the system.   My Calpeda seawater pump is not running, and I’m wondering why? ...

1. I’m measuring 240V at both ACTIVE AND NEUTRAL TERMINALS with reference to ground, but zero bolts between the ACTIVE and NEUTRAL.
Seems like one terminal is being driven and the other is showing up through the winding, but is not being connected at the pump controller. Relay not activated?

2. Is it just too cold for it to start. The ambient temp is lower than the lowest temp I can set the AC to, so I maybe the system won’t even try to start the pump?

if that’s the case, does anyone know how to fill the system into starting the pump so I can put Antifreeze into the lines?

Alternatively maybe the pump should always run, and there is a different problem ??  Anytime I’ve fired up my aircon in the past, the ambient temp has been high and I’m 90% sure the seawater pump starts immediately.

Would appreciate any guidance!

many thanks
Dean
SY Stella