Re: Air conditioner seawater pump won’t start

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Dean,

I turn on the AC and nip into the engine room with a screwdriver. It is trying to turn but can not quite make it without my help. No kickback really. I had that pump apart and reckoned it was on it’s last legs, but that was two years ago and it is still going. I should buy a spare, but it is not really essential for the running of the boat and we are not in marinas much. Having said that in Greece this summer, when connected to shore power a bit of AC for a siesta is quite nice!

In Scotland you will be more in need of heating! How was the condensation this summer? On my last boat we spent a summer on the west coast and loved it, but the portholes and hatches were covered each morning with heavy condensation.

Nick

Amelia
AML 54-019

On 31 Aug 2019, at 16:44, SY STELLA <stella@...> wrote:

Hi Nick,
Ah the old screwdriver trick. That’s usually my first port of call too!  Do you try to turn it when it’s powered up? Is there a kickback when it spins up?  I’ve always powered it down first, then give it a few spins with screwdriver and then it seems to go.
The AC pump on my last boat was exactly the same each spring.
Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154