Re: Freezer problem ‘frigoboat’

Paul Brown

Agreed, damn electronics

Thanks Bill, your a legend

On 31 Aug 2019, at 8:16 pm, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Yep, L1 is the sensor, damn these new world sensors😀

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 12:11 PM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill, I think your right with the Danfoss compressor controller and the alarm code could be L1 or something similar, I only saw the code for a moment then it switched off and would not switch on again. I’ve checked the wiring as far as I can see with no issues sighted. I’ve swapped the IR33 thermostat from the fridge and although it illuminates it does not switch the freezer on.

I will check something’s tomorrow from your information, but I have a good local mechanic that will visit Monday and figures it’s a sensor issue if it’s the L1 code which he’s familiar with.

Thank you as always for your attention and helpful information, I’ll let you know how I go

Regards Paul

On 31 Aug 2019, at 6:46 pm, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Paul,

Frigoboat refrigeration with Danfoss Compressor controllers have an error code of 1 Flash from a LED across the "D" terminal and a "+" terminal on the  Danfoss Compressor controller. This is a low voltage alarm, and is a highly reliable indication of a battery bank, wiring or connection issue. This alarm does not lie. If you have this alarm, you probably have a wiring or connection issue somewhere. I am sure that your Frigoboat has a Danfoss controller.

The part you are describing is, I believe, the Carel IR33 Electronic Thermostat. I checked the manual on this thermostat and see no error code 1. I believe that the Carel IR33 Electronic Thermostat could be used with any Frigoboat system. Maybe it is possible that this Carel IR33 Electronic Thermostat is relaying the Danfoss error code. I don't know, but if it is capable and is doing so, the solution is in the first paragraph. I have attached the Carel IR33 Electronic Thermostat manual for your convenience. Please let me know what you find.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 1:03 AM Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:
good day to all,

my Freezer is a ‘frigoboat’ with its controller being ‘Carel IR33’ and yesterday just stopped working with no warning except the controller displayed ‘1’

If anyone can assist with some assistance of course I would very much appreciate your help

kind regards, Paul Fortuna II 55#17

<carel-ir33-user-manual.pdf>