Re: Chain and Anchor

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Herbert,

Anchor discussions are always tricky but interesting and indeed important. The Wasi Buegel was invented in the 1980’s and really was one of the first of the new generation.  My problem with it is that it only digs in so far and will not continue to penetrate. This is fine in sand and firm mud but when it come to very soupy silty mud it simply drags whereas I believe the ROCNA and the SPADE and many other modern anchors dig deep. It also has quite a small surface area.

Kind regards

Nick

On 2 Sep 2019, at 07:17, Herbert Lackner <herbert@...> wrote:

Nick, yes, it is a WASI Buegel anchor.

Any experiences with the WASI compared to the Rocna? Why have so many upgraded to Rocna?

herbert