From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Elaine Leishman
Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:56 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Victron Quattro 5000 Location

We are going to install a victron quattro 5000 inverter/charger and looking for advice as to the location on a super Maramu 2000.
We are looking at 2 options,  .

- locating it next to the nav station in the storage area on the wall that divides the companion way.  This would keep the 24v cabling shorter and hopefully provide a cooler, cleaner environment.  Weight on the starboard side wouldn't hurt.  Question, how much noise do they make when running, compared to the fridge?

- locating it in the engine room, shorter to 40v power cabling, wouldn't hear it running over the gender.

Thanks in advance,
Elaine and Michael
SM251 Nebo
Hobart