Re: Converting my Amel 54 to lithium batteries: what I did, what I like and what I don't like (after one year of full time live aboard use)

Scott SV Tengah

Edited

Correct, the Reg-on wire does turn on/off the alternator.

I installed the manual in-line switch. I will, in fact, turn off the alternator manually during long motoring days, especially if it's sunny.  However, I don't really like a system that requires me to think about it because there will inevitably be one time when I forget. And with lithium, it's just too expensive to leave the health of the system dependent on me never screwing up and forgetting.

As you alluded, none of the manual systems will not correct an over voltage condition. That is, unless you either monitor the batteries constantly through bluetooth or wire the VE.BUS BMS to sound an alarm at over voltage. But then that goes back to requiring your perfect intervention.  So we need to figure out a way to get the VE.BUS BMS "charge disconnect" signal to disconnect the Mastervolt Reg-on wire. Hopefully that Schneider relay draws so little current that the 10mA VE.BUS Bms charge disconnect circuit can trigger it.
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69