Re: Converting my Amel 54 to lithium batteries: what I did, what I like and what I don't like (after one year of full time live aboard use)

Scott SV Tengah

I'm sure I'm using the wrong terminology, but Victron's intent (from their engineer's mouths) is that you put the "control wires" through the BP-220.

For example, the thin wires leading from the bow thruster joystick, which carry very little current, would go through the BP-220 but not the big thick wires that carry the current to actually operate the bowthruster. However if you "load disconnect" the wires from the joystick, the bowthruster won't operate, achieving the load disconnect's aim.

I think to segregate it like that on an Amel would be a big project since it wasn't designed from the outset to accommodate a load-disconnect system.
--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69