Re: Aqua Signal Series 44 LED port/starboard bow nav lights

Dan Carlson

Thanks Ryan,  that's very helpful.

No issues with the wiring?  One of buyer commented on the wiring connections that came with the package.

Also, did you go with the black or white fixtures?

Thanks and regards, Dan and Lori Carlson on SM #387, sv BeBe

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 4:01 PM Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@... wrote:
I recently made the change to the series 44.  The mounting plate is not exactly the same -- you can't use the neat little slide on/off bracket.  Two of the screw holes do line up, though.  I drilled a third one for extra security, and I put cap nuts on the inside (the side facing the genoa furler) so nothing gets snagged on them.  It was a pretty quick and painless upgrade, once I had the right parts:

M4 screws, 16mm long, hex drive (3 per light)
washers for M4, 4.3mm ID, 9mm OD (I think 6 per light)
M4 cap nuts (3 per light)

All in 316 stainless, of course.  I sourced them from McMaster.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 2:07 PM Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Dan,

I recently replaced the bulbs on my AS 40 with a colored LEDs. Didn't want to deal with retrofitting the mount.

https://store.marinebeam.com/aqua-signal-bi-color-led-replacement-bulb/

The housing leaked probably due to some submarining when we were sailing upwind in 45 knots, so I replaced the bulb, sealed it up and pray daily that it stays sealed. :)

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69