Re: Converting my Amel 54 to lithium batteries: what I did, what I like and what I don't like (after one year of full time live aboard use)

Scott SV Tengah

FYI it turns out my Quattro is mounted vertically in the engine room, so airflow is as Victron recommends. That is probably why it doesn't suffer any reduced charging output or inverter output after extended use.

See attached. I modified the intake air that Amel provided for the old Dolphin chargers a bit so that it feeds air to both the Skylla and the Quattro.

The Skylla is mounted sideways, but again, I have never experienced reduced output from it. That's probably because it's only running at most 2 hours at a time and that's if the battery bank starts out empty, which never occurs for me.

--
ScottĀ
2007 A54 #69