Re: headsail furler locking pin.

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Thanks Alan, how did you separate the parts. Did you have to take the forestay down or did you do it in place.

Regards

Danny

On 17 September 2019 at 12:57 Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,
Bad luck.
We had that happen a few years ago and it is the slot in the plate that the pin engages in which becomes worn and under tension the pin can spring up and out of the slot.
We engineered a thin plate to bolt to the existing plate and thus create a new slot over the existing one. That seems to have worked quite well.
Our pin wasn't worn at all, only the plate.
Our furler is slightly different to yours, but the principle is the same.
You need to take the two halves of the top piece apart to get access to the plate and the pin.
Our pin was held in by a nut underneath the top piece. Yours may be different.
Good luck
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437