Re: headsail furler locking pin.

Duane Siegfri

Danny,

I had to do the same problem two years ago.  You need to remove the emergency rope furler from the foil.  On my boat (SM#477) it comes off in two halves, one on each side of the foil.  The pin is captive to the rope furler, it has a slot for a screwdriver on the bottom side.  I removed it and then had another one fabricated that was slightly longer.  I then ground the hole in the drive plate (that had been "scooped" out by the pin) so it had square edges to the top and bottom of the plate.  Reassemble and all was well.'

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477