Re: Mast foot rubber seal pad

Arno Luijten

Hi Nick,

I’m not implying you mast is dancing on the deck in rough seas but as you rightfully say there is flexibility in the stays, the hull itself and what have you not. As both the deck under the mast and the underside of the mast have quite hard surfaces, the pad is just there to take the edge off the impact, much like the silent blocks in the suspension of a car.
Regrettably I was not there when they replaced the pad, but someone told me they use a rig that has some hydraulic jacks. You could ask them about it.

Regards,

Arno,
SV Luna,
A54-121