Re: Canvas work in Eastern Med

Paul Brown

I recommend you check price and precise material, time lines, completion dates and supervise the work, they can be good but there has been many bad experiences.

Regards Paul - Fortuna II 55/17

On 23 Sep 2019, at 11:53 am, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

Thanks guys, very useful information. Looks like Marmaris is the place to go.

Nick
On 21 Sep 2019, at 18:41, Paul Brown <feeder.brown@...> wrote:

Hello Nick, I had a refit completed to a catamaran 60 foot by Lantana Canvas family in Marmaris and Gocek in 2017, they did 16,000 euros of work from couches, covers, bedding and awnings etc, I was more than happy with their work and handling of the project that we both work together on and their prices were very acceptable following negotiations and the best I have found in the eastern med and perhaps the western med also

Regards Paul - Fortuna II 55/17

On 21 Sep 2019, at 4:08 pm, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington@...> wrote:

Hello fellow Amel owners,

I am thinking of getting some upholstery and canvas work done for Amelia. Specifically I want to replace the saloon cushions and covers. The foam itself is beginning to deteriorate and the covers are pretty tatty.
So that would be a case of replacing like for like.

In addition I would like to have a winter cockpit enclosure made. I have looked at the NV website and their design, it looks good but is pretty expensive.

Next year we will be sailing over to Turkey and the Dodecanese. I was thinking that I might get a good job done in Turkey for a reasonable price. Not to mention the VAT aspect of ordering from NV in France.

I am looking for recommendations for, I guess, Turkey.????

Kind regards

Nick

S/Y Amelia AML 54-019

 Kefalonia for now.