Re: A54 fridge circulation pump

Oliver,

Which make and model of pump did you replace OEM with?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019, 3:57 AM Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica <oliver.henrichsen@...> wrote:
Hello guys!

We replaced the pump motor by an brushless motor. We had similar lifespan and shorter. Additional the original pump wasted lots of energy in wear.
We also changed the insulation of the freezer to modern vacum boards. Before the freezer compressor was 24 h on, due to poor insulatin. Now we got up to 1.5 h a day to keep it cool.
We also changed the fridge and freezer temperature controll to microcontroller.

Was a hell of a work.

Oliver from Vela Nautica
AMEL54 #39
Portugal