Re: Color number for SM2K Redline

islandpearl2_sm2k332

Hey Bob

So sorry we missed you guys. We are just reversing out and noticed your email. The other two Amels are still here tonight, you should all get together.

Best regards
Colin & Lauren Streeter

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 5:33 AM Bob Sarff <bob.sarff@...> wrote:
There is also a Maranu at Vuda Marina...S/V Chara.  Glad to see si many Amelia here.

Bob

On Sep 23, 2019, at 10:32 PM, islandpearl2_sm2k332 <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:

Fantastic to finally meet today Danny, after 8 years of chatting on this forum! What a pleasure to get the two Pacific Amels (Island Pearl II and Ocean Pearl) together at last, and also Amel Ying Yang too. Thanks for making such an effort to getting here in Fiji, and for joining us all for a fun night at the Vuda Marina Restaurant.

We clear out with Fiji Customs in the morning, and will be at sea for the next 4 days sailing to the Loyalty Islands in New Caledonia.

Best regards
Colin & Lauren Streeter

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 6:59 PM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi Colin. We are in Sawini Bay tonight, in Vuda Marina tomorrow.

The Pearls may meet at last.

Danny

Sm 299

Ocean Pearl

On 22 September 2019 at 17:44 islandpearl2_sm2k332 <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill

We have the correct official sample of   AwlGrip Desert Sand here at Vuda Point. As you know the painters in Durban got the "Desert Sand" colour wrong on our new hull side stripe when we lifted the waterline in South Africa. Now that we have new sails to put up (with the new Amel trim colour) we will re-paint the hull side stripe with the correct  AwlGrip Desert Sand paint at the end of our circumnavigation in Australia before we sell.

On a different issue - the "Amel Brown trim" - after 8 years of careful ownership we eventually got used to (and now actually like) the blue floors, and bright colourful curtains, but  we could never quite come to terms with the less than appealing "Brown" which Amel chose for side trim rails on all Super Maramu's! Because of this, we first tried a white trim (whilst in Thailand), as Amel did on the last 10 Amel 54's, but whilst that actually looks very nice on the 54, it never looked quite right on the Supermaramu against the Amel off-white gelcoat. We had seen one nice looking Supermaramu with white trim, but later noticed that they had actually "screwed in" a Stainless Steel bead/rod all the way along inside the white trim areas, and we were certainly not prepared to do this.

Based on this, whilst waiting for weather in Durban, we tried painting the brown trim with an "incorrectly mixed/coloured" Desert Sand. It looks barely OK, ...but not great...... and so we now wonder if even the correct Desert Sand colour would look any better on the side trim than the dreaded brown?

The original Amel "Red Line" series trim colour was never to our liking either, almost too sharp a colour we felt, ... but we thought it worth having another look at the correct colour which Amel chose.

Failing all, and since we will soon be selling anyway, we may well simply go back to the original brown, but perhaps a shade or two lighter? Has anyone out there repainted this trim in a colour which they feel is an enhancement on the original Amel brown?

Colin & Lauren Streeter
SV Island Pearl II, sm #332
Vuda Marina, Fiji Islands ... till Tuesday then off to Loyalty Islands in New Caledonia

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 3:44 AM CW Bill Rouse < brouse@...> wrote:
You might want to think about AwlGrip Desert Sand, which is the new trim color for Amels since the introduction of the 55.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 12:14 AM islandpearl2_sm2k332 < colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:
Hi All

We would also be interested to get the correct paint number for the trim on the Amel Redline models?

Is there anyone out there that has this information, please?

Kindest regards

Colin & Lauren Streeter
Vuda Point Marina, Fiji Islands

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 9:40 AM Olaf Bauer < olaf.bauer@...> wrote:
Hello AMELians,

could someone provide the color numbers for a SM2K Redline for the white hull, the red water line and the red stripes at the top of the hull at the side.

Thanks so much :-)

Fair winds

Olaf

S/V Katchopine, SM2K 392