Re: Headsail furler issues

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi, almost certainly carbon brushes, either stuck or worn

 Not hard to fix

 Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 28 September 2019 at 17:00 Adam Body <adamgcbody@...> wrote:

Our headsail furler has developed a problem. Our boat is a 1994 Super Maramu, previously named Amelie IV and renamed Flora. Located in Greenwell Point, NSW, Australia. The solenoids are both working (ie clicking). The furler rotates one direction but not the other direction. Each solenoid clicks when activated by the switch in the cockpit.  There is no noise or action in the furler motor or mechanism whne we attempt to rotate the furler in the direction it does not work. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best palce to start to investiage the problem?
Thanks and regards Adam
1994 Super Maramu "Flora"  SM No. 128 1994