Re: Headsail furler issues

I believe that you probably need to inspect the brushes on the motor. Might just need cleaning, but that age SM, they likely need to be replaced.

Most SM first owners bought spare brushes. Search your boat. Those Valeo solenoids are probably the best to use with a likely 20 year life.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Yacht Owners School - www.AmelYachtOwnersSchool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019, 4:00 AM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...> wrote:

Hi, almost certainly carbon brushes, either stuck or worn

 Not hard to fix

 Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 28 September 2019 at 17:00 Adam Body <adamgcbody@...> wrote:

Our headsail furler has developed a problem. Our boat is a 1994 Super Maramu, previously named Amelie IV and renamed Flora. Located in Greenwell Point, NSW, Australia. The solenoids are both working (ie clicking). The furler rotates one direction but not the other direction. Each solenoid clicks when activated by the switch in the cockpit.  There is no noise or action in the furler motor or mechanism whne we attempt to rotate the furler in the direction it does not work. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best palce to start to investiage the problem?
Thanks and regards Adam
1994 Super Maramu "Flora"  SM No. 128 1994