Re: Solar and shade

Scott SV Tengah

Dean - Great idea with using it as a drone landing pad!

Paul - my arch is not low visual impact, but I am pretty confident it can handle anything we throw at it. See attached - please ignore the clothes lines / mess. :) I paid around 2000euros in Spain for it.

With my controller near the battery compartment, I ran a pair of 13mm2 wires from the arch to the MPPT. Not sure if there's enough space for 3 pairs. But your solution with the 3 controllers is the. best with respect to minimizing the impact of shading on power production. Also the most expensive!

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69