Re: Headsail furler issues

Ian Park

Try tapping the motor with a soft mallet or something similar. It worked for me until I tidied the brushes up. I still need to order some new ones at the end of the season, but removing the brushes and cleaning them with fine abrasive paper ensured they slid in their mountings. Another issue was that the springs had corroded at the contact with the carbon brushes, so I removed them and carefully bent them to provide a good contact again. Problem temporarily solved until I get the new springs and brushes..
But try a brisk tap on the motor first!

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96