Re: Antifouling for the Mediterranean

Arnold Mente

Hi David,

For a 2 years in water you need my experiance 3 Layer Micron 350. You can see this also on the HP from International.

Liebe Grüsse / Best regards

Arnold
SY Zephyr SM 203

Am 30.09.2019 um 09:04 schrieb David Crisp <david@...>:

Hi all,

Just acquired an Amel 54 (#58) and having her hauled and anti-fouled.  I  am going to remain in the Mediterranean and some advice would be valued.
The yard is offering International Unipro or for an extra €210 per coat International 350. A number of questions:-

(1)  One or two anti-fouling coats?
(2)  If two coats is it likely to last two years?  (2 years would fit well with the changing the propshaft bushing/seals and bow thruster maintenance}
(2)  Is International 350 worth the extra money?

Best
David Crisp, SY Wilna Grace

--
SY Zephyr SM203